Tuesday 9 October 2012

My Sophie's Fire Report


Photographs of the aftermath of the My Sophie's fire at Hornsby

copyright J. Vaux 2012 

copyright J. Vaux 2012 

I managed to take a couple of photos on the weekend before the hoardings went up!

A lot of the damage was smoke and water related and roofs!

It looks to me as if possibly the fire started in the old workshops around the back and spread along the rooftops and then maybe a gas canister or cooking oil exploded when the heat reached Sophies. I wonder if someone was storing chemicals in the old workshops around the back?

The smoke stains come down from the roofs!

What's gone!

Allof My Sophies!

Richardson and Wrench next door have a damaged roof over their back rooms.

The computer shop at the end of the row may be okay?

On the other side well we've lost the Guitar center and I hope all those instruments were insured! The windows of the cafe and the store were black but not broken but  judging from the roofline everythings gone inside.

Don't expect a fire damage sale folks. I doubt there will be much salvage.

On the positive side no lives were lost and the fire brigade got there in time so that it didnt spread further down the street.


No comments:

Post a Comment